TEENAGERS AND YOUNG ADULTS
TARGET: Teen and young adult “Nones” who have no religious affiliation but wonder what all the fuss is about Jesus. They are not likely to watch an overtly churchy religious show.
- 66% of the “Nones” are 18-29-year-olds.
- 70% of teens and young adults between ages 18-20 drop out of church.
- 70% of nones believe there is some kind of higher power they cannot identify. (Source: Pew Research April 2018)
64% of teens watch television or a movie from the time they get home from school until bedtime. (Source: Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch.) THE GOD KING episodes are designed to meet them where they are. They are not churchy or preachy. There is lightheartedness throughout.
BELOW IS THE WORLD WE HAVE GIVEN OUR YOUNG PEOPLE TO LIVE IN
- 60% of people lie at least once during a 10-minute conversation. (Source: statisticbrain.com /lying-statistics/)
- More than $13 billion worth of goods is stolen from retailers each year (or approximately $35 million per day. One in 11 people will commit the crime of shoplifting at some point in their lives. (Source: National Association of Shoplifting Prevention)
- 75% of employees have stolen at least once from their employer, (Source: SheerID)
- 33% of all business bankruptcies are caused by employee theft. (Source: Sheer ID)
- 84% of parents admit to lying to their children. (Source: University of California, October 2018)
- 75% of alcohol poisoning deaths involve adults ages 35 to 64 and most deaths occur among men. (Source: Center for Disease Control)
- Nearly 20% of adults cheat on their spouse, and many are the age of our teens’ grandparents. (Source: Institute for Family Studies 2018)
- Resume fraud is a serious issue for employers concerned about the level of integrity of new employees. (Source: Ad Council)
- No such thing as truth anymore. “Your truth is not your neighbor’s truth. Your reality is not my reality.” (Source: The Undercurrent)
CHURCH INFLUENCE GONE
“Baby boomers who came of age in the 1960s and 1970s are now in their thirties and forties and fifties….42% have dropped out [of church] for good…Both Bible reading and prayer…by the school have been banned since the early 1960s.” (Source: Religion in Post-World War II America by Joanne Beckman, Duke University, 2014)
The Baby Boomers who led the Great Rebellion after the last Great Awakening are now leaders in universities and the media and today’s bickering politicians.
“America of the 1940s was about as religious as America today…The Third Great Awakening turned out to be short. The rise in religiosity halted by the beginning of the 1960s…Religiosity in the United States is in the midst of what might be called ‘The Great Decline’.” (Source: The Rise and Fall of Religiosity in the United States by Tobin Grant, 2014)
Youth reported ten years ago that they dropped out because they weren’t sure God existed, churches were not connected to daily life. They are not interested in the quality of worship music or even sermons. Elegant arguments do not impress them. “Touch their heart instead.” Two-thirds said that, for variety, they sometimes watched TV programs.” (Source: Churches research 2008-2014, Barna Group)
More and more are depressed.
They want higher standards than their parents.
They are searching. THE GOD-KING’S HUNDRED will help them find answers.
Each episode depicts young people with raw emotions trying to face life.
Wait! Feel it? It’s coming!
There’s a breath of fresh air coming for tomorrow’s teens.