- Daniel 9:24
- 70 weeks to make atonement for sins x 7 days per week = 490
- Transferred to years is 490 years.
- 520 BC minus 30 years (age of Jesus when he went public) = 490 years.
- (Darius below ordered Jerusalem to be rebuilt in 520 BC)
- Daniel 9:25
- From decree to rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah comes is…
- 7 weeks x 62 weeks = 434 years + 7 years = 490 years
- 520 BC minus 30 years (when Jesus went public) = 490 years.
- Daniel 9:26
- After 62 weeks the Messiah will be cut off
- 62 x 7 = 434 + 483 years +7 weeks/years = 490 years
- Daniel 9:27
- Messiah will make a covenant for one week…
- but in the middle of the week, he will put a stop to sacrifices in the temple.
- Half of 7 is 3-1/2 years, the length of time Jesus preached up to his crucifixion
- Daniel 12:11
- 1290 days between the end of sacrifices and the abomination of executing Jesus.
- 1290 divided by 365 is 3-1/2, the number of years Jesus preached. (3.5 yrs)
- Daniel 12:12
- 1335 days (ascension) -1290 days (crucifixion) = 45 days.
- Blessed are those who remain faithful after crucifixion to ascension 45 days later
A Concise Outline of Babylon to Persia to Greece
NEBUCHADNEZZAR REIGNED over Babylon 605-556 BC
- 1st year – Took Princes Hananiah (Daniel), Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 1:1-7)
- 2nd year – Dreamed a dream of 3 future kingdoms which Daniel interpreted and he and friends promoted (Daniel 2:1, 47-49)
NABONIDUS REIGNED over Babylon 556–539
BELSHAZZAR REIGNED over Babylon 539 BC
- 1st year killed and kingdom taken by DARIUS
CYRUS REIGNED over Persia 576-530 B.C.
- 1st year – Conquered Babylon
- 1st year – Jews returned to Jerusalem under Zorobabel (Ezra 1:1,3 and 6:1)
DARIUS THE MEDE REIGNED over Persia 538-536 BC (Daniel 6:1)
- 1st year conquered Babylon (Daniel 6:1)
- 2nd year cast Daniel into lion’s den (Daniel 6:16-24)
CYRUS & DARIUS REIGNED CONCURRENTLY over Persia when Cyrus old (Daniel 6:28)
CAMBYSES REIGNED over Persia 530-521 BC
DARIUS I REIGNED over Persia 520-486 BC (son of Hystaspes/Cambyses)
- 1st year – Daniel investigated Jewish writings including Jeremiah (Daniel 9:1)
- 1st year – Ordered Jews’ enemies to stop harassing them so they could rebuild their city (Ezra 6:1, 11)
- 6th year – Temple rebuilding completed in Jerusalem (Ezra 6:14-15)
AHASUERUS XERXES REIGNED over Persia 486-464 BC
- 3rd year – Married Esther
- 13th year – Haman convinced king to execute all Jews (Esther 3:7-8)
ESTHER, QUEEN 483-464 BC and beyond.
ARTAXERXES (son of Esther) REIGNED over Persia 463-423 BC
- 7th year – Ezra left Babylon and went to Jerusalem (Ezra 7:1,6-8; Ezra 9:9)
- 20th year – Nehemiah went to Jerusalem to rebuild the wall (Nehemiah 1:1 and 2:1, 17) (BC 443)
DARIUS REIGNED over Persi 422-405
- 2nd year, Haggai prophesied to Zorobabel, gov. of Judah (Haggai 1:1, 2:2)
- 2nd year, Zechariah prophesied to Jews in Jerusalem (Zechariah 1:1-2)
DARIUS CODOMANNUS REIGNED 336-331
- 5th year Persia was conquered by Alexander the Great of Greece
- Nebuchadnazzar’s dream of 3 kingdoms fulfilled (Babylon, Persia, Greece).