Click here for dates these ancient writings were written
BACKGROUND FOR THIS EPISODE
(In Order of Appearance)
NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE:
- II Corinthians 5:20 – We are representing Christ. It is as though God is encouraging you through us. We beg you, for Christ’s sake, come back to God!
- II Corinthians 6:2 – The Scripture says: “At the right time, I listened to you.I helped you on the day of salvation.” (Isaiah 49:8) Listen! Now is the right time. Listen! Now is the day of salvation!
- Luke 7:11-14 –1The next day, Jesus went to a town called Nain. His followers and a large group of people were traveling with him. 12When Jesus came near the town gate, look, he saw a funeral procession. A mother had lost her only son. She was also a widow. A large crowd from the town was there with the mother while the dead son was being carried out. 13When the Lord Jesus saw her, he felt very sorry for her. He said to her, “Don’t cry.” 14Jesus went near the coffin and touched it. The men who were carrying it stopped. Jesus said, “Young man, I tell you, get up!”
- I Corinthians 15:42-44 – So, people do rise from death! A dead body is buried in decay, but it will be raised, never to die again. 43A dead body will be buried with sadness, but it will be raised from death with splendor. A dead body is buried in weakness, but it will be raised with power. 44A dead body is buried as a physical body, but it will be raised as a spiritual body. Since there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. 45So, this has been written: “The first man, Adam, was a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7) But the last Adam,e Christ, became a life-giving spirit.
- Luke 7:15-17 – 15Then the dead son sat up and began to talk. Jesus gave him to his mother. 16All of the people felt much respect. They were praising God. They said, “A great prophet has come to us!” and, “God is taking care of His people.” 17This news about Jesus spread into all Judea and throughout all the places around there.
- Matthew 11:28 – “You are tired and have heavy loads. If all of you will come to me, then I will give you rest.
- Because Luke 7:12 identifies this woman as a widow, her husband having died a few years earlier, the males could have had a disease that is passed down from father to child – cystic fibrosis.
- John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life! The only way anyone can come to the Father is through me!
- WARS OF THE JEWS, BK. 4, 9:4 – [Simon, son of Giora] …built a wall at a certain village called Nain….enlarged many of the caves. Nain still exists today, going by the spelling of Nein. It is small and has only a few homes. When some of the modern homes were built, on several occasions their foundation has run into ancient Roman remains.
THAYER’S GREEK-ENGLISH LEXICON OF THE NEW TESTAMENT:
- SAY – The word translated “say” comes from the Greek word “lego” which refers to an opinion rather than an order. [Luke 7:14]
OTHER JESUS QUOTES IN THIS EPISODE
SPECIAL CHARACTERS APPEARING IN OTHER EPISODES
Season 1, Dream Maker, “The Great Pretender”