BACKGROUND FOR THIS EPISODE
(In Order of Appearance)
NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE:
- John 6:71 – Jesus was talking about Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. Judas, one of the twelve apostles, was about to turn against Jesus.
- Judas means a peekhole in a door.
- Luke 3:12-14, 19 – Even the tax collectorsd came to John. They wanted to be immersed. They asked John, “Teacher, what should we do!?”…14The soldiers were asking John, “What about us!? What should we do!?” John said to them, “Don’t force people to give you their money. Don’t tell lies about anyone. And, be happy with the pay you receive.”…(Later, John denounced Herod Antipas, the ruler, by saying, “You were wrong to marry Herodias. Herodias is your brother’s wife!” John also rebuked Herod for the many other evil things which Herod had done.
- John 1:29-30 – The next day, John saw Jesus coming toward him. John said, “Look, God’s Lamb who will take away the world’s sin! 30This is the one I was talking about: ‘The man who is coming behind me has been ahead of me, because he was alive before I was.’
- John 2:14-16 – 14He found some men in the temple courtyard. They were selling cattle, sheep, and pigeons. The money-exchangers were also sitting there.b 15Jesus made a whip from some ropes. He forced all of them to leave the courtyard—even the cattle and the sheep. He turned the money-exchangers’ tables over and scattered their coins. 16He said to the men who were selling pigeons, “Get those things out of here! Don’t turn my Father’s House into a place of business!”
- Matthew 13:55 – Isn’t it true that he is the son of Joseph, the woodworker, and that his mother’s name is Mary!? His brothers are James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas.
- John 4:49-52 – The government official said to Jesus, “Lord, please go down to Capernaum before my little boy dies!” 50Jesus answered him, “Go, your son lives!” The man believed. He took Jesus at his word and left. 51While the man was going down to Capernaum, his servants met him. They said, “Your child lives!” 52Then the man began asking them questions about the exact time when the boy got better. They answered, “The fever left him yesterday at one o’clock in the afternoon.”
- Matthew 8:2-3 – Then, suddenly, a man with leprosy came to him. He bowed down in front of Jesus. The leper said, “Lord, you can heal me, if you want to.” 3Jesus said, “I do want to heal you—be healed!” Then Jesus stretched out his hand and touched the man. Immediately, the man’s leprosy was healed.
- Matthew 7:24-29 – “So, every person who listens to these words of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house upon bedrock. 25It rained and the rivers overflowed. The winds blew hard against that house, but the house did not fall, because it was founded upon bedrock! 26However, every person who listens to these words of mine but does not obey them is like a foolish man; he built his house upon sand. 27The rain came down and the rivers overflowed. The winds blew hard against that house, and it fell down. It was a terrible fall!” 28And when Jesus finished saying these things, the crowds were greatly amazed at his teaching. 29Jesus was teaching them as one having authority, not like their teachers of the law.
- John 20:30-31 – Jesus showed many more proofs from God in front of his followers, but those are not written in this book. 31These proofs have been written, so that you, the readers, might believe this: Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. If you believe this, you will have eternal life by his name.
- John 12:6 – (Judas did not say this because he cared about poor people. Judas was a thief; he was the one who was always carrying the group’s bag of money.)
- Hebrews 4:14-15 – So, we have a great High Priest who has gone through the heavens. He is Jesus, the Son of God. We must hold on to what we said we believed. 15Our High Priest can sympathize with our weaknesses. He was tempted in every way as we are, but he never sinned!
- Mark 3:14-19 – He appointed twelve and named them “apostles.”b He wanted them to be with him and to send them out to proclaim. 15They would have authority to throw out demons. 16These are the twelve men whom Jesus chose: Simon (Jesus called him Peter.); 17James, the son of Zebedee; John, James’ brother (Jesus gave them the name Boanerges; this means “sons of thunder.”); 18Andrew; Philip; Bartholomew; Matthew; Thomas; James (the son of Halphaeus); Thaddaeus; Simon the Revolutionary;c 19and Judas Iscariot (the one who turned against Jesus).
- Luke 8:1-3 – Later, Jesus was traveling through each town and village. He was proclaiming and preaching the Good News about God’s kingdom. The twelve apostles were with him. 2There were also some women with him. Jesus had healed these women of evil spirits and sicknesses. One of the women was Mary, from a town called Magdala. Seven demons had come out of her. 3Also, there were: Joanna, the wife of Chuza (Herod Antipas’ business manager), Suzanna, and many other women. These women used their own money to help Jesus and his apostles.
- Matthew 10:9-12 – Don’t take along any gold, silver, or copper in your money-belts. 10Don’t take a bag for the trip, an extra suit of clothes, shoes, or a walking cane. A worker should be given his pay. 11-13When you enter a town or a village, find someone there who is worthy. When you go into his house, give your greeting to it. If the household is worthy, let your greeting of peace be upon
OLD TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE:
- Joshua 15:13, 25, 32 – Yahweh had commanded Joshua to give Caleb (the son of Jephunneh) part of the land among the people of Judah. So, Joshua gave that land to Caleb. He gave him the town of Kiriath-Arba, that is, Hebron. (Arba was the father of Anak.)…25Hazor-Hadattah; Kerioth-Hezron (that is, Hazor)…32Lebaoth; Shilhim; Ain; and Rimmon. There was a total of 29 towns, along with their villages.
- I Chronicles 2:19-20 – When Azubah died, Caleb married Ephrath. They had a son named Hur. 20Hur fathered Uri. And, Uri fathered Bezalel.k
- Exodus 31:2-5 – Listen, I have chosen Bezalel from the tribe of Judah to be the general foreman. He is the son of Uri and the grandson of Hur.a 3I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with talent, understanding, and knowledge, and with all kinds of skill 4in making artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, 5in cutting and setting jewels, in carving wood, and in doing all kinds of craftsmanship.
- I Kings 1:38 – So Zadok the priest, Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah (the son of Jehoiada) went down. The Cherethites and the Pelethites went down with them. And, they put Solomon on King David’s mule and led him to Gihon Spring.
- Judges 5:10 – “You persons who ride on white donkeysd and who sit on expensive saddle blankets, listen! And you people who walk along the road, sing!
- Psalm 17:12-13 – They are like lions that are yearning to attack.Like young lions, they sit in hiding. 13O Yahweh, rise up and face the enemy. Throw them down! Save me from the evil people by Your sword.
- Psalm 2:1-2, 6-7,12 – Why are the nations so mad? Why are the ethnic groups making useless plans? 2The kings of the earth prepare to fight. Their leaders come together against Yahweha and against His anointedb king.c
- Psalm 45:6-7 – O God, Your throne will last forever and ever.g You rule your kingdom fairly. 7You have loved what is right and hated what is wrong.This is why God, your God, has made you kingh over your friends with the oil of gladness.i
- Psalm 72:11-12,17 –Let all kings fall down in front of him. Let all the nations serve him. 12He will deliver the poor people when they cry out for help. He will assist the needy people when no one else will help them…17Let the king be famous forever. Let him be remembered as long as the sun shines. Let the nations be blessed through him.k And, may they all call him “happy.”
OTHER JESUS QUOTES IN THIS EPISODE
SPECIAL CHARACTERS APPEARING IN OTHER EPISODES
Season 1, Dream Maker, “Hesitant Herald”
Season 1, Dream Maker, “God Eyes”
Season 1, Dream Maker, “Power House”